The TRU Students’ Union is currently seeking volunteers to serve in student representative positions on university committees. The positions hold a term of October 01, 2019 to September 30, 2020.
Being a student representative is a great opportunity. You will:
- Immerse yourself in a professional environment, and work closely with skilled and knowledgeable administrators, faculty, and staff
- Have an opportunity to make change on issues you care about – that shape the student experience – by contributing to important decisions
- Earn formal recognition for your service by fulfilling key duties
It also requires a real commitment. You will be responsible for:
- Understanding and being prepared to participate in the university committee you will serve on. This will begin with a mandatory orientation on Saturday, September 28, 2019.
- Attending meetings of the university committee you will serve on – typically once a month for 1 to 2 hours. You will need to read agendas, prepare comments and questions, and seek any help in advance.
- Attending meetings of the Student Caucus. The Caucus meets six times per year (approximately once a month), on Wednesday evenings from 6:00-8:00PM. You will need to read agendas and prepare comments and questions in advance.
- In total, you will need to commit to scheduled meetings and other activities of approximately two hours per week.
If you are prepared to fulfill these responsibilities and excited to realize these benefits, please complete the application by clicking on the button below!