Who can vote
- Canadian Citizen
- Aged 18 or older on Election Day (Oct 21, 2019)
- Provide acceptable proof of identity and address
What are your options for voting?
From October 5 to 9 all students, faculty, staff, and visitors can vote on campus in the Alpine Room in the Campus Activity Centre. This location will be set up as a temporary Elections Canada office so that you can vote in our local Kamloops riding or in your home riding if you have a different permanent address. This allows convenient voting for all voters without the need to request a ballot by mail.
- October 5 (Saturday) – 9:00am-6:00pm – Alpine Room, Campus Activity Center
- October 6 (Sunday) – 12:00pm-4:00pm – Alpine Room, Campus Activity Center
- October 7 to 9 (Monday – Wednesday) – 9:00am-9:30pm – Alpine Room, Campus Activity Center
In the Community
To cast your ballot at an advanced poll you must go to your assigned polling location. For more information and to find your advanced polling location click here
October 11, 12, 13, 14
October 21. To find your assigned polling location click here
What ID do I need to vote?
Option 1: Show one of these pieces of ID
- your driver’s licence
- any other card issued by a Canadian government (federal, provincial/territorial or local) with your photo, name and current address
Option 2: Show two pieces of ID
Both must have your name and at least one must have your current address.
- voter information card and bank statement
- utility bill and student ID card
Don’t have these? No problem!
Option 3: If you don’t have ID
You can still vote if you declare your identity and address in writing and have someone who knows you and who is assigned to your polling station vouch for you.
The voucher must be able to prove their identity and address. A person can vouch for only one person (except in long-term care institutions).