Breaking Bread is a project from the TRU Students’ Union that connects students with community leaders through small group discussions around shared topics of interest.
On February 27, 2020 the Union hosted City Councilor Mike O’Reilly to lead a discussion with students about the role of business in community building.
Questions considered by the group included:
- What is your favourite locally owned business to eat or shop at and what do you think they’re doing right?
- How can small business owners encourage community members to eat/shop locally?
- How can the City better support small businesses?
- What are special considerations or unique conditions that exist in Kamloops that make eating/shopping locally more or less difficult?
- To what degree do you believe businesses have a community responsibility beyond being financially sustainable?
- What are strategies to consider for community building to help get your business started?
If you are interested in being a part of a future discussion, let us know at email@example.com. We’re also happy to hear from you if you have a great idea for a discussion topic or community leader to get in touch with.
For more information or any other questions contact:
Vice President External